Welcome to the Keeping Children Safe website. This website is for congregations, presbyteries and faith communities of the Uniting Church Synod of Victoria and Tasmania. You will find here everything you need to make your organisation as safe as possible for children.
This website is designed to enable you to meet your moral and legal responsibilities as spelled out in the Child Safe Policy.
The Uniting Church Synod of Victoria and Tasmania makes the following commitment:
- All children who are involved in any of the Uniting Church’s activities, services, events or programs have a right to feel and be safe. The Uniting Church in Australia is committed to provide safe environments where children are cared for, respected, nurtured and sustained.
- We have zero tolerance of all forms of child abuse and will do all in our power to safeguard children from abuse.
- The Church commits itself to the creation and maintenance of a child-safe culture to ensure the care, protection and safety of all children engaging with the Church in any of its entities.
- Abuse thrives on secrecy. To prevent child abuse across the Church, we are committed to providing clear leadership and open and transparent governance to combat secrecy.
- The Church clearly affirms its commitment to upholding the law. This includes the requirement to report abuse to the appropriate authorities.
We look forward to your feedback, including which resources you find helpful or any you would like us to add.
Sue Clarkson - Ethical Standards Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9116 1433
Josh Tuhipa-Turner - Safe Church Educator
email@example.com or 03 9116 1438
Pam Kretzschmar - Safe Church Administration Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9116 1436